Buy Ashes of the Singularity on SalePlatform: Steam Stock: 348 Units
$4.57 USD $19.99 USD
Buy Ashes of the Singularity on Daily Game Sale for just $4.57 USD.
That's a total savings of over 77%!
Your digital serial key will be delivered immediately after payment.
Ashes of the Singularity Trailer
Below you can find "helpful" reviews from verified owners of Ashes of the Singularity - provided by Steam. You can provide a review for this game on Steam, and it may be added here automatically after a short time.
Likes: the economy and army system emphasises map control. Unit rosters are reasonably diverse, and the races themselves handle differently. Orbital abilites are strong, and can really impact the flow of the game, but often aren't an automatic win on their own.
Problems: there's still some balance issues, as the different unit rosters means that sometimes it's really not easy to respond to something if you're PHC or Substrate. Defense are generally pretty poor, and combined with the strong focus on map control it's basically impossible to turtle without lossing really fast. Even trying to use defenses to stall often doesn't work. The deve's are working on all of this, including putting some new units into the game (for free), but at the moment it's still present.
Also, a bunch of features that are promised haven't been implemented yet. Spectator mode, for instance.
More Defensive Cannons
It has crazy potential.
- fast action
- well optimized
- massive in scale, it makes team games v fun
- units are difficult to control when in group
- underwhelming campaign design, ppor selection in functionality (missions starts but you are stuck watching a text you cannot cancel
- poor mp cross platform (gog and steam players cannot play against eachother)
- could use a little more diversity
Don't be fooled by the cons, they are working hard on the game, it has great potential
1. Great underlying technology making the game future proof: DX12, multi GPU support, fully utilizes my multicore system.
2. Interesting unit design, the differences between factions are subtle but important enough to result in different strategies
4 Nice graphics
5. Subjectively to me: fun gameplay that is slow but deliberate with options for scouting, hiding and planning.
6. My most importan consideration: great skirmish options with fantastic AI!
Cons of the game:
1 Limmited unit varieity, more units in (free) DLC have been promised but so far there are not as many option as for instance SupCom or SC2
2 One win condition: usualy the game is won by capturing more resources and using this income to capture and defend the turinium nodes.
3 Limmited viability of turtling, expansion is key for every phase of the game.
Verdict: 8/10 great game to play, easy to learn but difficult to master. Supcom players need to expect a non-supcom game and be pleasantly suprised by the simmilarities to appreciate the game.
Runs perfectly on my 970gtx / 4690k even with thousands of units on the screen, which is already a major detatchment from how SupCom was at launch!
My positive review comes with a warning: There are a large number of minor problems with the game in its current state. Such as
- Lack of graphical/icon clarity. In particular it's very hard to spot whether a resource has an extractor built on it without zooming in, and it's hard to quickly get an idea of the makeup of an army.
- Missing macro features, such as being able to pause factories, assist engineers, have units auto-join armies or follow complex rally paths when built
These things are not fundamental problems, but they are somewhat game-breaking in terms of the game's chance at sucess. Hopefully Stardock will have learned, finally, that releasing games with these easy-to-fix-but-review-tarnishing issues is not wise, and will make certain that they've been cleared up before official launch.
The game itself has a huge amount of promise, and it's the first of its kind in quite some time. If it can get these quality of life & polish improvements, it could easily be a hit.
Your activation key will be made available to you within your account after payment processing and confirmation.
This process is generally completed within about a minute of your purchase - regardless of the time of ordering.
Brand New: This product includes a brand new unused Steam CD-Key that can be activated on Steam in any region. Once activated, you will have permanent access to the game via your Steam Games Library, which will allow you to download and play your game unlimited times on any computer. Steam is 100% free and can be downloaded from steampowered.com.
About Ashes of the Singularity
Oops! It looks like we don't have the minimum specifications or developer information available for this title. Please refer to the distributor for further information.
You will also earn on any other items they may purchase - check around for other earning rates.
Learn more about the DailyGameSale.com affiliate program.