I Bought RAGE on it's release day because id Software. I'm still a fan of theirs after over 20 years. Don't know why exactly all the time, but yet I am.
I was somewhat disappointed with RAGE. Sure, it looks nice at times, but for all the hype and fervor preceding the launch, it was a rather big let down on the overall gaming experience.
If you are a fan of id Software's games, I do recommend RAGE. It's not a greatest game out there, but it has it's moments. If, on the other hand you are short of time and crave for some truly great entertainment, there are better options.
- The action, at times
- The idea and potential for the story
- Pretty post apocalyptic scenery and semi-comic imagery
- The, oh, so very static world. Not a cloud moves in the sky.
- Race grinding.
- Was there a main story? I can't remember. If there was, it was really unremarkable and bland. (Oh, wait, I am mistaken. I do remember the story. It really is unremarkable and bland.)
- The sounds and overall feeling of the weapons. Since the Doom 3 failure, why cannot they get those right? (This is a minor issue though.)