The game has many significant improvements over XCOM: Enemy Unknown, including.
- A new Character Pool feature which lets you make characters from the main menu, which then can be used in your campaign.
- You can now freely move around on the world map, it is now more than just a "scan button."
- There are a lot more character customization options, you can now change the color of your weapon, name it, and many more new features.
- XCOM 2 provides more of a challenge than XCOM: Enemy Unknown did.
- The story is actually pretty good, (in comparison to XCOM: Enemy Unknown.)
- The graphics are significantly better.
- You can now customize your soldiers names and appearances in multiplayer.
- XCOM 2 officially has mod support.
Overall, i would definitely recommend this game to anyone that enjoyed XCOM: Enemy Unknown.